Born on the island of Maui, in the beautiful city of Wailuku.
Currently holding the County Council seat for the Makawao-Haiku-Pā’ia residency area. Also the Chair of the Government Relations, Ethics and Transparency Committee.
“I am most grateful for my wife, Cielo Batan-Molina and our three children, Iann, Aimee and Malia. My hobbies include exercising, yard work, watching news, sports and talk shows, meeting and conversing with individuals.”– Mike Molina
- US Air Force
- Hawaii Air National Guard
Recent Work Experience
- Teacher State of Hawaii Department of Education (1987-2000)
- Maui County Council (2001-2010) (2018-Present)
- Executive Assistant to Mayor Alan Arakawa (2011-2018)
- Makawao School
- Maui High School (1978)
- University of Hawaii at Hilo (1987) Pursued degrees in Sociology and Education
- University of Hawaii at Manoa (1996) Professional Diploma in Education
County Council Legislation Initiated
- Affordable Housing Fund (assist our community with affordabe living on island)
- First Time Home Buyers Fund (assist first time home buyers with their down payment when purchasing a house)
- Reef Fish Protection Bill (regulated aquarium fish businesses in Maui)
- School Zone Protection Bill (created larger School Zone from 500 to 1,000 feet to reduce traffic speeds)
- Affordable Ohana Bill (allows ohana units on smaller parcels for affordable housing)
Which helped to reduce the amount of lighting needed to help defend our wildlife.
Which helped to reduce the amount of plastic bag use, to minimize the plastic floating around in our ocean and protect our wildlife.